JUNIOR LEAD ENGINEER
HR Mentor is looking for a Junior Lead Engineer for our client in Zedelgem (Belgium). Our client is an international player in the metal sector.
- Responsible for design, development, validation planning, release and implementation of changes to combine harvester mechanical and electro-hydraulic systems.
- Lead cross functional teams to understand root cause, develop corrective actions, validate solutions, and implement into production.
- Direct engineering and test activities to determine root cause of assigned design issues.
- Determine technical solutions to develop and resolve assigned design challenges and improvements.
- Develop and create designs, layouts and drawings per schedule consistent with meeting product line objectives.
- Estimate costs, resources, and time required to complete projects.
- Compile, maintain, and drive schedules for multiple improvement projects.
- Compile and deliver progress reports within engineering and cross-functionally.
- Work effectively with a cross-functional team of individuals on complex problems.
- Work effectively with analysis team on validation plans and methods.
- Work effectively with Supplier Quality/Manufacturing/Product Quality to ensure designs are efficient for manufacturing and able to be meet quality requirements.
- Effective communication of issues/ideas/concepts and solutions.
- Daily communication with a broad range of people, from managers & senior directors to specialists & draftsman.
- Scope is worldwide (conventional & rotary) Combines which may require travel.
- Master Degree in Engineering or equal through experience.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational, communication and coaching skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Strongly motivated with broad interests and experience in mechanical design, harnesses and tubing (3D modeling and 2D drafting).
- Strong in MS Office.
- Professional in CAD and Teamcenter.
- Ability to perform limited FEA calculations.
- Experience in the use and service of large agricultural equipment and in the design/development of harvesters is mandatory.
- Experience leading 7-step or other disciplined problem solving process is highly desired.
- Familiarity with FMEA, FEA, and test procedures is mandatory.
- Demonstrate understanding and application of dimensioning, GD&T, part inspection, gaging, drawing notes, mfg control measures.
- You will obtain a demonstrable position in a global matrix organisational environment.
- You will get a permanent contract of indefinite duration.
- You receive a strong salary, supplemented with extra-legal benefits.
- You get a position with great autonomy and responsibility.
Are you interested in this vacancy?
You can contact HR Mentor at 050/70.42.65 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us outside office hours.
If you want to apply immediately, you can do so via the link below.
Your application will be handled quickly and discretely.
"HR Mentor, selection office in Ruddervoorde, is the result of years of experience in searching, selecting, and developing human capital. Matching candidates with our clients is what drives us! Since 2010, HR Mentor has built up a broad client base in the West Flanders region. We always try to work on the long - term and use a personal approach at our unique rural location."